There is no guarantee that having supplies before any kind of disaster hits will save your life, however, it greatly improves your chances. There is no guarantee that having a pre-disaster plan will save your life, but as the old saying goes, “chance favors the prepared mind.” I can’t tell you how true that is. So having supplies and a plan in place will save your life more times than not, than leaving it up to chance. Think ahead, plan ahead and go over and practice your plan with every member of your family. Give everyone a responsibility and make sure they understand it and can perform the assigned tasks. If you practice enough you create muscle memory and there is less uncertainty and thinking involved, people just act, without thinking, and that will save your life.
There are several types of situations to plan and prepare for. You need to start with planning for the most common natural disasters in your area. Then you can move on to outdoor survival and other less common things like being lost in the wilderness or at sea, home invasions, kidnapping, street fights, riots, war and civil war, and government collapse.
In another article I go down a list of emergencies you can easily plan and prepare for, I include a list of equipment and supplies and where you can purchase them at reasonable prices. Then I go into other emergencies that are a bit unconventional that you can also plan and prepare for. I provide both the basic and advanced equipment and supplies you should have for any particular situation.
Here is a quick list of supplies you should consider purchasing now, ahead of time. Because remember, if you wait until disaster strikes, it’s too late.
First Aid Kits
Tools – ax, knife, rope compass etc.
Wilderness survival kits and tools
coats & Jackets
Ready America 70280 Emergency Kit, 2-Person, 3-Day Backpack
- Sustains two people for three days
- Includes food, water, and emergency blankets
- One 33-piece first aid kit
- Two safety light sticks
- A backpack keeps supplies at the ready
Because you never know when there will be an emergency situation, it's wise to always be prepared. Keeping the Emergency Kit 2-person, 3-day backpack on hand at home, at school, or at the office can help you avoid being caught without necessary supplies. Each kit contains enough emergency supplies to sustain two people for three days. The three basic essentials, as recommended by the American Red Cross: food, water, and emergency blankets for shelter and warmth, are included in every handy backpack.
Ready America 70385 Deluxe Emergency Kit 4 Person Backpack
1 used from $ 80.05
- 4 Person Kit
- US Coast Guard approved food and water
- Enough supplies for 3 days
70385 Features: Pack includes sufficient lifesaving supplies and more for family of four. Also includes: 4 survival blankets, 4 ponchos, first aid kit (107 pieces), leather work gloves, 4 goggles, 4 Noish N-95 dust masks, multifunctional tool with pliers, 12-hour emergency snap lights, emergency whistle, emergency communication plan, duct tape - 10 yards, and bio hazard bags. Be prepared for anything with Ready America's 3-day Deluxe Emergency Kit. Unique to the kit are an Emergency Power Station, 10 yards of duct tape and multifunction pocket tool with pliers.
174 Pcs First Aid Kit Survival Kit, Monoki Emergency Survival Kit Medical Supplies Trauma Bag Safety First Aid Kit for Home, Office, School, Car, Boat, Travel, Camping, Hiking, Sports, Adventures
- 1.【A Must Have First Aid Kit For Your Active Life!】 Monoki 174 Pcs First Aid Kit with Emergency Survival Tools & All-Purpose Hihgest Standards Medical Trauma Supplies. Complete First Aid Kit with Bright Red Bag and Striking Red Cross Symbol, You can Quicky Find Everything You Need in Case of Any Emergency. A Must Have for Us! Also Great for A Gift!
- 2.【168 Pcs Multi-Purpose Emergency Medical Grade Supplies】 The First Response Medical Supplies Premium Compact First Aid Kit has Everything You Need for a Medical Emergency in a Compact Portable Size. With a Full Range of High Quality Medical Emergency First Aid Choices, You will have Everything You Need for the Most Common Mishaps and First Aid Demand.
- 3.【6 Pcs Practical Survival Tool Kits】 Includes Six Different Amazing Survival Tool - Stainless Steel Versatile Tool Card, Fire Starter, Compass, Emergency Whistle, Tactical Folding Knife, Sliver Emergency Blanket. Which can Meet Your Different Needs!
- 4.【Compact Lightweight & Durable】 Fully Organized with 174 Pieces First Aid Kit, Small and Lightweight, Easy to Carry, Weighs just about 1lb, Portable and Travel-friendly Design. High-quality EVA & Nylon Material with Full Open Zipper, Strong Durable Waterproof and Shock Resistant. Fits Perfectly in your Car, Boat, Backpack, Pockets or Glove Box. You can Take it Anywhere You Go!
- 5.【Perfect for Any Emergency Situation】 Ideal for Home, Family, Office, School, Kitchen, Workplace; Car, Boat, Bike, Motorcycle; Travel, Camping, Hiking, Fishing, Hunting, Boating, Cycling, Backpacking, Outdoor Sports, Wilderness Adventures, Also Suit for Natural Disasters Survival Emergency, like Earthquakes, Hurricanes, Tornados, Floods and Fires.
Great for Any Emergency Situation! ✪ Monoki First Aid kit includes essential survival items, it can help you in an emergency, handle minor wounds, and even save your life! ✪ You need this mini survival kit for life's unexpected events! You can take it anywhere you go! ✪ Perfect gift for camping, hiking, travel, outdoor sports, family and unexpected emergency. Be Prepared for Any Emergencies! What Makes Monoki First Aid Kit Different? ✔ Durable, waterproof, shock resistant, high-quality EVA, Nylon material. ✔ High-quality full open zipper makes you easy to pick-and-place these items. ✔ Bright red bag and striking cross symbol makes the kit easy to find in an emergency case. ✔ The internal grid design keeps the content clean and safe when you use it. Specification ❅ Color: Red ❅ Material: EVA, Nylon Fabric ❅ Item Weight: 21 oz ❅ Item Dimension: 8.27 x 5.31 x 2.2 inches What In the First Aid Kit: ● 1 x Red First Aid Bag ● 1 x First Aid Booklet 【6 Pcs Emergency Survival...
4 Person Premium Survival Kit with 72-Hours of Emergency Preparedness and First Aid Supplies
- (4) - 2400 Calorie Datrex Food Rations, (24) packs of Datrex Emergency Water (Coast Guard Certified)
- (1) Lifeline 85-Piece Large Hard Shell First Aid Kit, (1) Lifegear LED Flashlight - Lasts 400 hours
- (4) 12-hour glowsticks, (4) Ponchos for severe weather, (4) 24-hour Body Warmers
- (1) 5-1 Emergency Whistle with whistle. compass, flint, storage container
- (8) Medical grade face masks for dust (1) Pocket Knife, (1) Premium Sport Backpack and (1) Deluxe Backpack
Our 4-Person premium survival kit for disasters and emergency preparedness (#1 seller) contains enough food, water and emergency supplies to last a family of 4 for 72 hours. Always ships for Free. Food and water are U.S. Coast Guard certified, contains a hard-shell Lifeline First Aid kit (LF4408) 4408) and LifeGear LED Flashlight. Over 245 pieces that meet or exceed Red Cross guidelines for preparedness. Ideal survival kit backpacks for families, couples, individuals and great for students in college and far from home.
4 Person Survival Kit Deluxe - Prepare For Earthquake, Evacuation, Emergency Disaster Preparedness 72-Hour Kits for Home, Work, or Auto
- 4 Person Survival Kit with Essentials to Survive Disasters
- Earthquake, Hurricane, Fire, Flood, All Natural and Man-Made Disasters
- Grab and Go 72 Kit for 4
- Emergency Disaster Preparedness Family Kit
- Safety items, First aid, Gas shut off and more
Description change to:All items are packed securely by Survival Prep Warehouse in a deluxe duffel bag. The kit includes the following: 48 Pouches of Datrex Water twice the amount of water as leading suppliers and each pouch has a 5 year shelf-life 48 200 Calorie Food Bars 5 year shelf life 40 Water Purification Tablets: each tablet purifies 1 liter of water 1 Hand Crank AM/FM/ Band Radio never needs batteries. 2 Hand Squeeze Rechargeable Flashlight 1 5 in 1 Survival Whistle compass, signal mirror, flint starter, waterproof container,lanyard and shrill whistle 1 Box 50 Water Proof Matches 1 Fire Starter Provides sufficient shavings to start hundreds of fires 4 Mylar Sleeping Bags Recommended over common "space blankets" 4 Emergency Poncho with Hood 2 2 Person Tube Tent with Rope 1 16 Function Knife 1 Pair Leather Palm Gloves 1 50 Foot Rope 4 Personal Hygiene Kits includes Soap, Toothbrush, Toothpaste, 9 Handy Wipes 4 N95 Masks 8 Tissue Packs all purpose 1...
Datrex Emergency Water Packet 4.227 oz - 3 Day/72 Hour Supply (18 Packs)
- Emergency purified water for immediate use; lightweight and extremely compact
- Loss potential minimized due to individual sachets and ideal for storage
- Easy to dispense from a premeasured sachet; superior packaging materials for optimum durability in your survival kit
- USCG, Canadian Coast Guard, EC and NZ approval (NSN 8960 0112 4454 3)
- 5 years shelf life
Even if you haven't witnessed a disaster firsthand, you've seen the devastation they cause and you know that you can never be too prepared. If you are out on the water; preparation is even more important. Safe drinking water is probably the most important thing to have in reserve when disaster strikes. 125 ml sachets of Datrex purified water are easy to dispense and loss is minimalized due to the durable packaging. USCG, Canadian Coast Guard, EC and NZ approval, with a five year shelf life. Contains (12)- 125 ml sachets.
HOW TO Make a 72 Hour Emergency Kit | Bug Out Bag | Survival Kit | Disaster Kit!
Today I'm showing you EVERYTHING we have put in our 72 Hour Emergency Kit, Survival Kit, Bug Out Bag or whatever you call it. It's important to know how to be prepared in case of emergency!...
72 KITS (BUG OUT BAGS) FOR BIG FAMILIES
We have used our Bug Out Bags / 72 kits before during Tsunami warnings in Hawaii. These are BASIC items that we fill the kids bags with. We like to be prepared for Emergencies. ***************CLIC...